About Department Of Cardio Vascular Technology
Management of various cardiac disorders includes complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which involve use of various equipment, hardware, tools, machines, and pharmacological agents Handling of these equipment and tools as well as their regular maintenance requires advanced and focused knowledge of the scientific principles on which the tests and equipment function, as well as to have hands-on skill in using this equipment correctly and safely.
Highlights of Cardiovascular Technology
1. Cardiovascular technologist performs Electrocardiogram procedure to patients with history of angina and patients with history of cardiothoracic surgery or percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty.
2. Technologists specialized in cardiovascular diagnosis performs various other test together called as cardiac stress tests, which comprises of Dopamine stress test and Treadmill test (TMT).
3. In the department of cardiology, cardiovascular technologists play a major role in the diagnosis of the patient with the ailments and reporting it back to the physician.
4. In addition to the above mentioned duties they also perform echocardiography, in which they view the heart real time and produce results. These results are completely reliable and they are entirely produced by the cardiovascular technologists.
5. The Echocardiographic results produced by the cardiac technologists can tell us about the function of the four valves in the heart and also the ejection fraction of the heart. Some dysfunctions like wall motion abnormality and heart failure can be validated through echo report.
UG Program - B.Sc Cardiovascular technology
4-year program (3 yrs Degree + 1 year of clinical training /internship)
By Successful Completion of the cardiovascular technology Bachelors program students will be Skilled enough to do:
1. Clinical cardiovascular procedures
2. Stress testing
3. Electrocardiography - performance and analysis
4. Holter recording and reporting.
5. HUTT performance and reporting
7. Heart failure therapeutic support
8. Rhythm management support
9. Pacemaker analysis, programming and follow up
10. To carry out basic maintenance of equipment and hardware's.
Cardio Vascular Technology
This Course can be Pursued by BiPC (Biology) background Students in Intermediate/10+2 equivalent with Minimum 50% marks required for admission
Why Cardiovascular technology?
Current management of various cardiac disorders includes complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which involve use of various equipment, hardware, tools, machines, and pharmacological agents Handling of these equipment and tools as well as their regular maintenance requires advanced and focused knowledge of the scientific principles on which the tests and equipment function, as well as to have hands-on skill in using these equipment correctly and safely. The personnel who carryout these responsibilities also must have adequate knowledge of structure and function of the human body, especially the cardiovascular system. Optimal delivery of cardiovascular health care is based on the safe use of the equipment and devices. This necessitates development of a cadre consisting of science graduates, who obtain focused, relevant knowledge in this specific area of cardiovascular technology through didactic theoretic learning as well as supervised practical hands on training.